Pros of Telerik's LiveSync:
- Works from the NativeScript Command Line
- No extra code added to your application!
- Possibly works on Real IOS Devices (Untested on real device, but does not currently appear to work on a IOS Simulator)
Cons of Telerik's LiveSync:
- Not really Live. It syncs the files; but then has to restart the application from scratch, no matter what file is changed.
- Delays while it detects any changes and then deploys the changes.
- Delays while it is re-launching Application.
- Loss of all application state since it reloads the app on every change.
- If you navigated three screens deep, and make a CSS file change; you will need to re-navigate to that screen again to see it.
- Incredibly slow LiveSync startup time. (What in the world is it doing for about a minute?)
- Can crash the LiveSync watcher code easily (don't change any files in the tns_modules!).
- Does not apparently detect any new files...
- Reset of the Application even if you change a file that isn't even being used.
Con's of Master Technology's LiveSync:
- Until Telerik accepts the patch; you have to use the included patched runtime. (Please vote up the issue!)
- Added coded to your project.
- Only works on the Android platform, no IOS support.
Pro's of Master Technology's LiveSync:
- Live, You see the app change almost exactly when your editor saves the files.
- New files are detected and synced instantly.
- Application state is almost always fully maintained.
- The screen you are working on only reloads ONLY if it is the code you just changed.
- Built in ability to detect errors in XML and JS before pushing to device to eliminate crashing the app on the device.
- Ability to only reload application on files that are singletons or other files that you would rather have the app reloaded for.
- Ability to restart application by touching or creating a "restart.livesync" file.
The new LiveSync code has been updated to be a seemless installation on your Box. It now includes the modified runtimes for v1.20 of the Android runtimes. All you have to do to install it is: tns plugin add nativescript-livesync