Some of you might have seen the all New version 2.5.0 has been released today. For the first time that I can recall; Telerik has actually beat me to the release news. You can read the official blog post here.
Some of the new features
- Better Debugging using Chrome Developer tools
- Working Webpack 2.0
- Flexbox layout fixes
- Updated Android Runtime Engine (even more ES6 support)
- More css support for ActionBar
- Lots of bug fixes
First of all to upgrade is done is a couple steps:
> npm install -g nativescript@latest
> npm install tns-core-modules@latest --save
Next try the new update command
> tns update
> tns platform remove android
> tns platform add android
> tns platform remove ios
> tns platform add ios
Then you can type
tns info and verify that everything says v2.5.x
- tns run does not work the same way anymore; it is now equal to tns livesync --watch
- To actually "rebuild" the app; use tns run android --clean
- In some cases when doing a tns platfrom add android, the package.json file gets a entry in the dependencies section for "tns-android": "^2.5.0" which will cause any following builds to fail with the error code: the plugin tns-android is already installed. Fix: Delete it out the package.json.
- ActionBar items -- backgroundColor do not use color names; only use Hex values. Using color names can cause the app to crash.
--releaseapps and error about can't find package "email@example.com" or "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the registry. A couple things can be causing this; first make sure you have updated everything. Second, occasionally the hooks folder gets out of sync, you might have to delete your hooks & node_modules folder and do a
npm ito reinstall everything.