- Blur and Focus events added
- Android keeps nativeView when navigating forward to eliminate the tear down and re-build when navigating back.
- Nasty memory leaks in iOS fixed; this one is worth the upgrade alone!
- Some XCode 8.3 and 9 fixes
- iOS LiveSync fixes
- Some Webpack and Signing issues fixed
- Android metadata generator fixes
First of all to upgrade is done is a couple steps:
> npm install -g nativescript@latest
> npm install tns-core-modules@latest --save
Next try the new update command or you can manually run the commands below
> tns update
> tns platform remove android
> tns platform add android@latest
> tns platform remove ios
> tns platform add ios@latest
Then you can type
tns info and verify that everything says 3.2.x
- Plugins fails; this is a known issue do to the complete revamp of the lower levels of the core modules design. Some plugins need a lot of changes to work in 3.x; so you will have to wait for the third party authors to get caught up (Even I'm not caught up). My plugins site http://plugins.nativescript.rocks should be listing both version v2 & v3 plugins separately so that you can easily find 3.x or 2.x plugins.