As usual; if you run into any issues I will be putting any common issues at the bottom of this post as I and others run into them....
New or Fixed Features:
- iOS XCode 8 support for iOS 10 support - * (I've heard this might not be fixed yet)
- Navigation memory leak squashed
- Android Text Hint Color supported
- Buttons now support text-decoration and text-transformation properly
- iOS d.ts generator works properly
- Android Extend working properly again
- Android now properly re-throwing exceptions (better error messages)
- Android a couple crashing corner cases fixed
- Observables fixed (was broken in some nested situations in 2.2.0)
A Lot of other smaller bug fixes and enhancements went into place; unfortunately the really big feature for 2.2.0 & 2.3.0 has slipped again -- threads. It was a lot bigger than they expected; I've seen progress on both Android and iOS on this front; based on the activity it should be showing up in the masters channel soon, meaning we will be able to test and play with it soon.
First of all to upgrade is done is a couple steps:
> npm install -g nativescript
> npm install tns-core-modules@latest --save
> tns platform remove android
> tns platform add android
> tns platform remove ios
> tns platform add ios
Then you can type
tns info and verify that everything says v2.3.x
Images and a parent that has Color set, causes the image to not show only the color that was set on iOS. To fix you can do this a couple ways. Remove the color on the parent. Upgrade or disable the broken source (Line 133
in "node_modules/tns-core-modules/ui/image/image.ios.js, comment it out.