Been a while since I posted; but I figured I need to get a post out on this one. There was a lot of cool things that went into NS 8. The best item is that overall your code in NS 7 should work as-is in NS 8.
There are a couple minor exceptions.
1. If you are using
<strong>BottomNavigation</strong> you will want to install the
As we have depreciated and removed them from NS 8 because the community version are a much better versions and it eliminates conflicts between the cocoapod we were including by default and the cocoapod that the ui-material group of components is using.
2. In NativeScript prior to NS 8 when using Alpha, we were using #AARRGGBB for colors, we have finally become consistent to the web and now colors are #RRGGBBAA, so any CSS has to be adjusted to be in the new format.
New major features:
- Webpack 5 support, which is considerably faster, with very simple and easily extended configurations.
- First class a11y support!
RootLayout(This is very cool!)
- Apple m1 support
- CSS Box & Text Shadow support
- @nativescript/debug-ios - Cool run time debugging for iOS
- @nativescript/apple-pay - Apple Pay Support
- @nativescript/google-pay - Google Pay support
- All New Website and new Docs!